Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Here!!

November is finally here and I have so far spent the whole day on the computer either writing or taking mental breaks! Good times. I decided that I wanted some serious buffer (because next week is going to be especially crazy), so I challenged myself to 10K for the first day. Currently, I'm at just under 8K and I'm going to a write-in in about an hour, so I'm hoping to be able to knock out the rest of it there. If all else fails, I'll write the scene with the eggs... But so far, I've been able to maintain my train of thought.

The only problem I seem to be having so far is something that I probably should have foreseen. I decided to do this novel in a completely different tone than basically anything I've written in the past year or so. I have written in the style I want before, but it's been awhile. So I'm this far in and just now starting to get back into the swing of the tone. But I'm getting better at translating the humor in my head to humor on the page. As I was writing the first 2K, I realized that there was no other substitute for the problem then just working through it and going back on December 1st to edit and actually make the first part as funny as I want it to be. And until then, I will push through. I'm also hoping that the write-in will help me to unlock that part of my brain a bit, as human interaction seems to do.

Next time, I'll try and have some excerpts to post up here. And until then, happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment