Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh the Joys Of Internet Woes

I realize that title contradicts itself. But it is a reason, however shoddy for my lack of updating. It is a very long story as to why my internet is now sporadic and contains mostly of my phone serving as a mobile hot-spot. But it involves making money by staying in a house that has no internet access. And a computer that is having issues with the world. Suffice to say, I am taking my web where I can get it.

I'm hoping this won't interfere with my NaNo plans too much. I just have to check to see if the new features Yarny just released include an offline feature. If they do, then my prayers have been answered! If not, I'll live somehow. There is always the lack of distraction argument, but I don't know how well I'll do with that in practice if I'm always forced to have the web connected when writing. It may be a trial and error kind of month. My favorite.

In other news, I started this thing called 750 words. It's basically a challenge to write 750 words a day. The best thing is, they're private and it can be everything, not just a day to day report of your life. Like a thought dumping ground that reminds you to dump every day with a handy dandy e-mail. I'm thinking of using it to brainstorm for NaNo and/or to clear the decks for NaNo. Again, something that will work itself out. And 750 words seemed to me like a lot (though it really shouldn't...), but once I actually did it a couple of times, I realized that if it's just a train of thought entry, it takes me like, 5 minutes. Fast typing honed by the 20-30 page, and endless 1-5 page college papers that I wrote within hours of their due date have prepared me well for this. If anyone who may happen to read this wants to try it, the website is 750words.com. I like it.

And that is all, for it is late, and although I have loved these hours of uninterrupted internet time, I must away to the land of minimal connectivity. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment