Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oh, the Forums!

I have never been a huge participant in forums. I would check them out years ago when Neopets was still cool (oh how long ago that seems) and I was avid on certain Lord of the Rings fan sites, but since then I have contented myself with other forms of internet addiction. Now though, I have discovered the NaNo forums, and it has effectively sucked me in. There's just so many interesting threads! And people keep posting! And I feel a little bit like a n00b for just now discovering this, but I'm okay with that!

To avoid writing a full soliloquy on forums, I'm going to change the subject now. I spent all day yesterday typing back and forth with a friend of mine on facebook chat, hashing out various details of the book. I now have a plot, a cast of characters, a name for my countries and the various deities in charge, and sea monkeys. I'm very excited, particularly about the sea monkeys. Also, I came up with a legitimate way to incorporate one of my dares into the story, and it even worked perfectly to fill a plot hole. It was a good day. Now I'm left counting the days until I can actually start writing this wonderful story I have cooked up in the space of the last 5 days! I suppose I'll live. There are always the forums...

1 comment:

  1. See you in the NaNo forums! I usually lurk in forums (just reading, never commenting) but they are so friendly and such a crazy bunch of people that I feel like I can comment away. Wish my story was feeling ready to go though...

    ReplyDelete