Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holidailies Day 1: What Is This Madness?

If you've been following me on Facebook at all for the last month, you know something: For the entire month of November I've been participating in NaNoWriMo, writing a novel that clocked in at 63,111 words by last night, well over the 50,000 goal. It has been a whirlwind of writing and madness, and I've loved (almost) every minute of it.

Despite that, I was very much looking forward to December 1st when I could take a step back, breathe for the first time in a month, and start trying to remember what I do with my life when I'm not spending every spare minute trying to pound out a novel. So when I saw this post on my region's forum on the NaNo site about a blogging challenge for the month of December, I should have run fast and far because what sort of insane person would take on THAT after the insanity of November? Obviously, this sort of insane person!

The challenge is Holidailies. The idea is to blog about anything, whatever you want to, just so long as you're blogging about something once a day. So that's what I'm going to do. If you wanted to apply logic to the situation, you could say that it would be a bad idea to just completely up and stop writing after NaNo. Kinda like how you're not supposed to just stop running and sit down for a few hours. You have to walk around, make sure your legs aren't going to seize up on you before you can really rest. So that's what this is, more or less. My walking period after the marathon of NaNo. That makes sense, right?

Besides, I have been wanting to do more with this blog. A lot of people have been asking me what my novel is about so I'll probably do a full NaNo recap with some explanation of the book's topic and why I chose it. And then I have a few other topics that popped up and I've been mulling over in the few minutes that I wasn't writing last month. I've even been all organized and started keeping a list. It's official now, because there's a list.

I can't really think of anything else to write tonight. Lord willing, I'll start getting my brain back piece by piece after a few nights of good sleep and relaxation. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment