Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holidailies Day 19: Flotsam and Jetsum

First off, I found this this link on Facebook today. It's my favorite, because it's Pentatonix, but not miked or anything just killing it. That to me is the height of talent, when you can do that without all the effects and still be that tight and sound that good, even on a not-great recording.

Second, I have no idea what to write today. I feel like after the great extremes of the last couple of posts, there's nowhere in the middle that seems appropriate. Today is the only day this week that I don't have somewhere to be outside of the house (I think... *goes to check calendar just in case*). Yep, no where to go. Having so many things going on so many nights of the week, I almost don't know what to do with myself when I have a free night at home anymore. Quite the contrast to the last couple of years when it was weird to have anything going on at night at all. I'm seriously considering knocking out my to-do list and then doing something crazy like sitting down to a movie, or playing a game or something like that. An introvert's dream night.

It will be nice to have that night of recharging before tomorrow, when I have my first job interview since the really draining one that kicked off the week of blah last week. I'm actually thankful for interviews, because I feel like on applications, I never come off as great so I'm always very happy when I get a chance to actually meet with people. And you can bet when I get a job I'll be dancing around, not just because I'm a fan of getting paid, but I WON'T HAVE TO FILL OUT ANY MORE STUPID APPLICATIONS ANYMORE!!!! It will be a great moment, when that realization finally hits.

Alas, until that time, I must away for there are more applications and they are calling my name saying "I could be the one who finally breaks the stalemate... just come to me... come and walk down the road of all the other jobs you've ever had... tell me why you want to work for me..."

Note: It may be a sign of the stress of a 3 month search that the applications are talking to me...

1 comment:

  1. Have I told the story of when I was laid off with a three month severance. I was job hunting like a fanatic the entire time as the money drained from keeping a roof and feeding the family. God saw fit to grant a new job almost the same day as the remaining severance ran out.

    ReplyDelete