Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holidailies Day 22: The Lion Sing

The title is basically my day. I mean, I sang at church this morning (and last night) with my family. Then we got to Reno and my uncle's house, and one of the first things we were asked was if we wanted to join in on a Hallelujah Chorus flash mob at the airport. So we quickly learned/re-hashed our parts really quickly and headed out. We sang it three different times, to three different flights coming in. It was fun. And then the people who've sung with our caroling groups stayed for a bit longer and sang a few more. Which was also fun.

At the end, my voice let me know after that it had been a very, very long time since I've sung that much in one go. It's now yelling at me every time I try to speak. It helped when we got to the next part of the day: THE LION KING!

We walked into the house and they were just starting the movie. Like, we walked in and the first thing we heard was the opening music. So of course I got super excited because The Lion King is definitely my favorite Disney cartoon movie outside of Pixar. Actually, even including Pixar movies. Lion King is absolutely one of my favorite movies ever. Since I was a little kid, but I still love it so much. Actually, even more now.

That's mostly because it's totally a Kingdom Jesus story, which I actually had realized before. But tonight when I was watching it, I totally got a ton of the things anew. I'll probably process it and post about it later. Or something along those lines. But now, I'm apparently about to be on the news (cause of the flash mob thing) and I should actually, you know, converse with my family. Details.

No comments:

Post a Comment