Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holidailies Day 12: ?

Today is one of those blank days. When motivation is missing, and inspiration for blogging is fairly non-existent. So I'm more doing this because I don't want to let a day go by without putting in my daily words. Because I'm trying to keep up some semblance of discipline, even in the midst of blah days (I even did the dishes, the most hated of household chores, AND got dressed before 3 pm). And also, I told myself that I couldn't play any games of any sort or watch a movie or whatever I choose to do for the rest of the night until such a time as I blogged. So here I am! Yay! Talking about a number of things that are interesting to me currently.

I decided in my job search that I would try to go back to Craigslist. And then, I realized why I had stayed away from Craigslist for so long. Because it sucks. And the format is so un-inspiring, it actually sucks inspiration away that you had before you started looking on there. It's an inspiration vacuum. Maybe that's why it took me so long to get around to this blog... because Craigslist... Plus I run into the "entry-level position" that wants 3 years of experience everywhere there. I just stare at the pages and say, "you keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean." Or using job titles that make you think that they could be something pretty ground level... like "in training" and then they want you to have significant amounts of training before training. Or my favorite, childcare positions that require you to have 6 units of ECE classes. Because 15 years of working with kids, plus a Developmental Psych course (doesn't count as ECE), and you know, common sense doesn't qualify me enough. Argh.

Okay, job search rant over. It's just frustrating when there are "so many jobs" but it seems like I only qualify for 1 out of 20, and then half of those I'm "overqualified" for. And all the time the deadline for being employed or else drifts closer and closer. Not so fun. Very not fun in fact.

And... I don't even know what else to write about. That's been the main thing on my mind all day. Which is probably why I'm already mentally exhausted and ready to do anything but think about life. This is when those obsessive tendencies that lead me to getting so into fandoms work against me... Hopefully tomorrow will be a more hopeful day. Until then, have a better day than I did!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the Craigslist thing. So incredibly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny you should mention the child care position thing! I was thinking, since I was having trouble finding a public school teaching job, I'd try teaching preschool in a day care center. My thoughts were that I love working with preschoolers, and I could make a big difference in a day care center and really teach kids! But I found out, despite having a Bachelor's Degree and a license to teach public school, I am not qualified to work in a day care center because I don't have those stupid 6 ECE credits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I'm like, what can two classes really add to my knowledge that would make you hire me? I almost want to enroll in two classes at the local community college, just because I need to qualify for more jobs. But it seems unreasonable to me.

      Delete